What is CAMRA LocAle?
CAMRA LocAle is an initiative that promotes pubs stocking locally-brewed real ale. The scheme builds on a growing consumer demand for quality local produce and an increasing awareness of ‘green’ issues.
The LocAle scheme was created in 2007 by CAMRA’s Nottingham branch, following the demise of local brewer Hardys and Hansons, to support the tradition of brewing in Nottinghamshire.
Everyone benefits from local pubs stocking locally brewed real ale…
- Stocking local real ales can increase visits to public houses
- Consumers get to enjoy greater beer choice and locally brewed beer
- Local brewers increase their sales and get better feedback from consumers
- More money is spent and retained in the local economy
- Fewer ‘beer miles’ results in less road congestion and pollution, reducing impact on the environment
We are lucky that many of the pubs on the Isle of Man are proud to support LocAle from all the breweries on Island.