There are lots if different ways you can get involved with CAMRA, both locally and nationally.
If you have a small amount of time, or more time available, you can:
- Adopt a pub – visit your local pub and let the branch know of any changes you see
- Join a tasting panel – after training you would be able to help rate different beers
- Lobby your MHK’s – make sure they support CAMRA’s aims and objectives
- Write for MerseyAle – we don’t have a branch newsletter, but we do write articles for MerseyAle, which is distributed both in Liverpool and the Isle of Man
- Volunteer at a beer festival – no experience necessary
- Survey some pubs – either for the good beer guide, or for pricing
- Become a brewery/pub liaison officer
- Join our branch committee – positions include chair, secretary, treasurer, press officer, pubs officer, webmaster, cider coordinator, social secretary, membership secretary and young members rep to name but a few!
- Join the beer festival committee – even more opportunities to help out
- Join a national committee – spread your wings – several regional and national positions can be filled, and have been local members.